SEE WHEN TO 👉 HIRE AN INJURY ATTORNEY!
Just so you don’t fall for any Remitly scam, I will share here with you some tips that will help protect your information from scams.
To protect any account information, not just Remitly, you, first of all, have to be sure that you apply some security measures to make sure no one can break into your account privacy.
Remitly take steps to protect your identity so that you can send money with confidence.
There are basically 7 steps to protecting yourself from Remitly scams.
You may help them keep your profile secure by doing the following:
- Choose a secure password and change it frequently.
- Don’t give out your sign-in credentials to anyone. Remitly will never ask for your password, two-factor authentication code, or any other information that could jeopardize your Remitly account’s security.
- If something doesn’t seem right, reset your password. If you receive an update from us regarding recent profile changes or activities that you are not aware of, you should change your password right away.
- Remitly is available on the App Store and Google Play Store. Although their website is secure, the Remitly app is more secure than web browsers, provides a more seamless experience, and can send vital alerts to keep you up to speed on your transfers and profile activity.
- To add another level of security to your profile, provide your mobile phone number and keep it up to date. To confirm your identity, they use two-factor authentication (commonly known as 2FA). They’ll email you a code or a notification if you sign in from an unfamiliar device.
- On shared devices, sign out. If you’re using Remitly on a device that isn’t yours, such as a shared phone or a public computer at a school, library, internet café, or office, remember to sign out after each activity.
- Regularly update your device. Check your PC for software updates and upgrade your mobile device to the most recent version of iOS or Android.
If you do not know how to create a secure password, we’ve linked up the article in the first step to keeping your profile secure.
How to report Remitly scams
It is strongly recommended that you report any suspicious activity to Remitly immediately when you notice it.
If someone asks for your personal information or you feel they’re trying to con you, follow these steps:
- Immediately stop communicating with such a person.
- Abort any in-progress or pending transfers to them.
- Let them know what is happening by logging a case via their virtual assistant.
Following these steps 100%, trust me, you will not fall prey to Remitly scams.
You can also have more information regarding the Remitly scams from their fraud report page.