Get yourself acquainted with the micro center return policy in case you are not satisfied with any of the products purchased.
Familiarizing yourself with the return policy with help you know if you are eligible to return the product or not.
It is not all the products that are eligible to be returned.
In most cases, returning already purchased items has a validity period which voids the possibility of returning the item at its expiration.
Now the big question is:
What is the micro center return policy?
Micro center guarantees your satisfaction with every product they sell in accordance with their return policy.
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase and wish to return or exchange it, simply return it to Micro Center in its original condition, along with all accessories, UPS, materials, and packaging, within the eligible time frame, and they will assist you with a replacement, return, or repair it if you wish.
There will be no need for a receipt if you have a Micro Center Insider Account with them.
Note that this return policy also applies to open-box purchases.
If the purchase was not made in a local store but online, please refer to this article in the community to find out how to return a product ordered online.
Microcenter exchange or return timeframes
If the item you wish to return exceeds the return time frame, you will probably not be able to return it anymore.
That is why it is important to know this time frame so you can act promptly.
Eligible exchange or return timeframes are from the date of purchase:
15 calendar days
- Camcorders and projectors
- Desktop / Notebook computers
- Digital cameras
- 3D scanners, 3D printers, and CD/DVD duplicators
Apart from the product categories listed above, all other products have an exchange or return timeframes of 30 calendar days from the date of purchase.
Alternatively, the product return time frame can be found on the right side under support resources on the item page on their website.
See the image below for more clarity:
Here is a list of products/items not eligible for return or exchange
In as much as you can return a product after 15 days of purchase or 30 days as the case may be, there are some items that you cannot return after purchase.
here is a list of them:
- Headphones, VR Headsets, including Earbuds, AirPods, and Over-the-Ear Products
- All Phones
- Disposable gloves and face masks
- Fitness Trackers, Smart Watches, and Accessories
- Opened software
- Electronic software downloads
- POS Activation Cards with a dollar value
- Microcenter Gift Cards (except legally required)
- Products with damage caused by the customer. An example is aerial drones with damage due to errors in operation by the pilot.
Micro center refunds
All refunds are issued in the form of a Micro Center Gift Card or your original payment method.
- If you paid with a credit card, the card must be present at the time of the return. Refunds on credit cards can take up to 5 business days to process. The same thing applies to a debit card.
- Customers who will be refunded by check will need to exercise a bit of patience as the refund might take up to 14 business days.
- When customers purchase gifts, they are given gift receipts. You’ll get a Micro Center Gift Card as a refund when you return a gift.
One more thing you must note when exchanging or returning Micro center items
Micro Center denies responsibility for additional costs you incur as a result of incompatible or defective products.
A typical example, in this case, is the cost of sending the item back to the warehouse for an exchange.
That will be all about the Micro center return policy.
Feel free to leave a comment if there is any part of this post that you don’t understand.