SEE WHEN TO 👉 HIRE AN INJURY ATTORNEY!
One time or the other, you or someone you happen to know might have come across something like “Error Code 722” on your TV screen while using DirecTV.
Not to panic!
This code doesn’t mean that your DirecTV has any serious problem, or that you need to pay a visit to an electrical engineer.
As a matter of fact, the 722 error code is something that you can fix, in the comfort of your home, and within a few minutes.
But before we move on to how you can fix it, you need to know why this error code has once popped up or keeps popping up on your TV screen.
Take note that any of the following might be the reason your TV screen keeps displaying the 722 Error code anytime you want to view a channel on your DirecTV:
- Service has expired: Usually, seeing the 722 error code while using your DirecTV means that your service has expired. This particular software issue is very easy to fix as you only need to refresh your receiver to fix it.
- Bugs: Bugs are mistakes that happen from coding. They can cause a program to produce results different from the expected one, and so they can be the reason for the error code being displayed on your screen.
- Channel not in your programming package: Another reason this code may appear on your screen is if your programming package does not include or cover the channel you are trying to watch.
- No programming information: For you to be able to watch any channel whatsoever, your DirecTV must have a piece of programming information that allows you to be able to watch a particular channel. So, without programming information, what you will see anytime you try viewing the channel is the 722 error code.
- No signal: Having no signal on your DirecTV may also be the reason for the error code.
- Incorrect card insertion: If your DirecTV card isn’t inserted properly or correctly into the decoder, none of the channels will work, instead, they will all display “Error code 722”.
- Unplugging the electrical cord for a long period: If the electrical cord for your DirecTV for too long, then it might end up losing authorization, and the next time you decide to use it, the error code will appear, preventing you from being able to watch anything.
- Addition of new programming: Anytime new programming is added, then Error Code 722 will display on your screen. This is because the signal for your DirecTV has been interrupted.
How to fix Directv com 722 error code
You can either apply the manual method or go online to rectify the error:
- Switch off your socket and then remove the plug for your Directv receiver from the outlet
- After 15 seconds, plug it in and switch it back on
- Switch on your receiver and wait while it reboots
- Refresh your receiver
- Go to www.directv.com
- Refresh it online
To refresh your service online, follow the steps below:
My DirecTV-Manage Package-Manage Receivers-Refresh Receiver
- If none of these two methods work, then you can try the following:
- Check if the card is inserted correctly, if not; take it out and re-insert it appropriately.
- Make a complaint through customer service. There is a chance that once you do this, the error would be cleared up.
- In a case whereby the error is due to unplugging your receiver’s electrical cord for a long time, plug it back in and have it reauthorized.
- If it is a problem with the signal, reset the decoder. This will bring back the signal.
That’s been all about the Directv com 722 error code and how to fix it.
If you don’t understand some things in the course of digesting this article, do not hesitate to let us know about it.