If you have Spotify installed on your device as one of your music players and want to stop it from opening on startup, this page will really help you with that.
Well, there may be a particular reason why you use the Spotify music player.
You don’t want it to interfere with the functionality of your device.
The good news is that you can modify these settings and have it work the way you want.
It is going to be a very precise post.
After reading through and following the steps, you will be able to stop Spotify from opening on startup.
You let me go ahead and share with you the steps.
How to stop Spotify from opening on startup
There are several ways to stop Spotify from opening on startup.
In the course of this post, I will be sharing 2 methods through which you can stop Spotify from opening on startup.
The first method will be disabling this automatic from the Spotify web version.
So to stop Spotify from opening on startup using method 1, follow the steps below:
- Log on to your “Spotify“.
- Navigate to “Edit”
- For Windows users, tap on “Preferences” or “Spotify” > “Preferences” for macOS users.
- Jump to the page bottom where you have the “Show Advanced Settings” button.
- Then the “Startup and Window Behaviour” section.
- For the “Open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer” use the button in the dropdown to select the option that best describes what you want which is “No” in this case.
Once you select a particular option, it will be saved automatically so no worries about where to save changes.
Now you must have stopped your Spotify from opening automatically when you startup.
In a recent discovery, I found out that it is possible to use “SpotifyWebHelper” to start Spotify from a web address.
By setting “Allow Spotify to be started from the web” option to “Off” you must have disabled this option already.
The task manager method.
Of course, you know that you can stop any automatic program from opening on startup, and Spotify is not an exception.
So follow the easy steps below:
- Right-click a section on your taskbar without any application icon then choose “Task Manager“.
- Select the “Startup” tab.
- There you will see all the automatic apps that run on your PC and Spotify will be included.
- Right-click “Spotify“, then select “Disable“
If you have other apps that you wish to delete, now you’ve navigated to a section in your task manager where you can easily get that done.
Do you have other proven ways to stop Spotify from opening on startup?
Be kind enough to share your thoughts.