Fix problems signing in to the Xbox app
This post promises to share with you some of the problems with signing in to the Xbox app and how you can possibly fix them.
So if you are having issues signing in to your Xbox app, you’ll possibly fix all the problems here.
Recently, a lot of users have had problems signing in to the app (including you).
No need to panic about this because you are not alone.
This is why I’ve come up with this article to address this issue.
Now everyone with this issue will be able to find the solution right here.
For PC gamers like my friend, this is a gaming app just like PS.
This is why it is very frustrating when you have issues with the app that prevents it from playing as it should.
This problem is common among Windows users.
Here are some of the fixes you should check if you are having issues signing in to the Xbox app.
Fixes for sign in problem on Xbox app
Method 1 – Check your PC’s date and time: If your Xbox app is not working generally, the first point of check should be the date and time.
Most of the time, if your date and time is not correct, you may have your internet services disrupted.
So if you are playing Xbox and you find it not working, you might want to be sure that your clock is not behind.
Having your date and time behind can prevent your Xbox app from communicating with the servers.
That way, you may start experiencing some issues with your Xbox app.
To easily solve this problem, it is recommended that you toggle on the button to set time automatically on your PC.
Here are the steps:
- Open Settings on your Windows PC – The shortcut is Win + I.
- select Time & Language.
- Then, select Date and Time.
- Switch on the setting for “Set time automatically.”
After you might have completed these steps, you are required to restart your PC to see if this works well.
Method 2: Check your internet connection: You might not be able to download or start games through the Xbox app if your internet connection is poor.
Run a fast internet speed test on your PC to assess your connection before putting effort into any advanced solutions.
If there is an available alternative network connection, you can also attempt switching to it when you find out after the test that the one that you are already connected to is poor.
Method 3 – Log out of the Xbox App and back in again: Another reason the Xbox app can stop working is a problem with your account’s authentication.
Signing out and back in again on the Xbox app is one of the proven methods for resolving problems signing in to the Xbox app.
You can sign out of the Xbox app by selecting Sign out by clicking your login in the top left corner.
After that, select Sign in and provide your account information.
After that, try using the app once more.
Method 4 – The game Services App should be reinstalled
The Windows Gaming Services program makes it easier to install games from the Windows Store.
When you try to start a game on the Xbox app, the error number 0x00000001 or a redirect to the Microsoft Store may appear if the Gaming Services app is encountering issues.
If the problem persists, you can try reinstalling the Gaming Services application on Windows. Here’s how you do it.
- Win + S to open the search field/menu.
- Type Windows PowerShell in the box and select Run as administrator.
- Select Yes when the User Account Control (UAC) prompt appears.
- In the console, paste the following command and press Enter to uninstall the Gaming Services app.
- get-appxpackage Microsoft.GamingServices | remove-AppxPackage -allusers
- Run the following command to open the Gaming Services app page in Microsoft Store.
- Click the Install button to download the app.
You will have to restart your PC after applying this.
Method 5 – Start the Windows Store Applications Troubleshooter: The built-in Windows Store Apps troubleshooter utility can check your apps for common problems and provide fixes as necessary.
If the Xbox app on your computer won’t launch or function properly, you can utilize this program.
The Windows Store Applications troubleshooter can be launched by:
- To open the Settings app, open the Start menu and select the gear icon.
- Go to the System tab and select Troubleshoot.
- Choose Other troubleshooters.
- To launch the troubleshooter, click the Run button next to Windows Store Applications and follow to the on-screen instructions.
Method 6: Reset Xbox App or Repair: You can try to manually fix the Xbox app using the Settings app if the Windows Store Apps troubleshooter is unable to identify any problems.
Remember that all of the app’s data will be deleted during this process.
To repair the Xbox app on Windows:
- Right-click on the Start icon or press Win + X to open the Power User menu.
- Select Installed apps from the list.
- Scroll down to locate the Xbox app on the list.
- Click the three-dot menu icon next to it and select Advanced options.
- Scroll down to the Reset section and click on Repair.
Method 7 – Update the Xbox App: If you haven’t updated your Xbox app in a while, you can run into issues.
You also lose out on the most recent features if you use an old version of the Xbox app.
Thus, either learn how to update Windows programs manually or make sure automatic app updates are enabled.
You can also manually update the Xbox app from the Microsoft Store.
Open Microsoft Store, then look for the Xbox app using the search bar.
To install any Xbox app updates that are still needed, click the Update option. After that, try using the Xbox app once again.
We’d also advise you to install any pending Windows updates while you’re at it.
Open the Settings app and navigate to the Windows Update area to accomplish this.
To upgrade your computer’s operating system, click the Check for Updates icon.
The Xbox app should now function properly.
Method 8 – Leave the Xbox Insider Program: The functionality of the Xbox app may be impacted if you joined the Xbox Insider Program in order to receive early access to new features and games.
To see if it makes an impact, you might decide to leave the Xbox Insider Program.
To discontinue your Xbox Insider membership:
- On the app, click your username in the top-left and select Xbox Insider Program.
- Switch to the Previews tab.
- Under Joined, select Windows Gaming.
- Click Manage.
- Click the Leave preview button.
- Select Continue when prompted.
You will also need to restart your computer after completing this step.
Troubleshooting the Xbox App on Windows
The Xbox app should now work properly, and you can access your favorite games once more.
Hopefully, one of the methods mentioned above has fixed the issue.
You can, however, reinstall the Xbox program as a last option if none of the other fixes work.
Also, if the Xbox app on Windows is not showing notifications, you might want to change that.