SEE WHEN TO 👉 HIRE AN INJURY ATTORNEY!
Does Aldi accept EBT?
This and many other Aldi and EBT related questions have been asked lately.
Getting to know if Aldi accepts EBT will be very relevant to people who are shopping or looking forward to shopping on Aldi with EBT as their preferred form of payment.
This post promises to cover that.
I guess that satisfies why you actually searched for this information?
Then read to know if Aldi accepts EBT.
Aldi stores sell a large range of fresh food and high-quality seasonal items at low rates.
Families on food stamps who shop at Aldi can receive more food for their money than they might at a typical grocery store.
Does Aldi accept EBT? Here is how it works:
If you are eligible for benefits, an account will be opened in your name, and funds will be deposited into the account online each month.
You’ll get a plastic card, similar to a bank debit card, that you can use to make approved transactions using your benefits.
To use the card, you’ll need to choose a secret PIN the local worker can explain that to you.
If you’re eligible for SNAP benefits, you can use your card at Aldi to do the following:
- Select an item and purchase it at any of their various point-of-sale registers.
If you are eligible for WV Works/Cash or the Child Support Incentive, you can use your card do the following:
- Get cash back with a purchase at the store
- Pay for purchases at the store.
- Withdraw benefits from any QUEST® ATM in West Virginia or across the country.
Does Aldi accept EBT for food shopping?
Here, you will get a handful of the list of food items Aldi accepts EBT for.
When using your EBT card at Aldi, keep in mind the things you’re purchasing.
It’s recommended that you choose eligible EBT foodstuffs when you are shopping with your EBT for redeeming food stamps.
Any attempt to buy unauthorized food with your EBT card will result in your transaction being declined.
You’ll have to pay for the things that haven’t been approved with another acceptable method of payment.
List of eligible EBT food items
- Bread, granola bars, cereal
- Dairy products (milk, yogurt, cheese, etc.)
- Frozen, Fresh and Canned Fruits
- Fresh, Frozen and Canned Vegetables
- Fresh and Frozen Seafood (fish, shellfish, etc.)
- Poultry ( chicken thighs, chicken breast, turkey breast, chicken drumsticks, etc.)
- Pork products ( pork sausage, pork chops, bacon, pork tenderloin, etc.)
- Red Meat (ground beef, steak, ribs, etc.)
- Dessert Items ( brownies, ice cream, cookies, etc.)
- Candy (Trader Joe’s variety of chocolate bars)
- Frozen food items ( mushroom ravioli, butter chicken, pasta, etc.)
- Soft Drinks (Italian soda, juice, etc.)
- Snack Crackers and Chips ( veggie chips, potato chips, crackers, pretzels etc.)
- Cooking Oils ( avocado oil, olive oil, coconut oil, etc.)
- Seeds, Nuts, and Plants (cashews, peanut butter, nut variety packs, etc.)
You must also note that you cannot use your EBT card to buy prepared food, protein bars, or protein powder from Aldi.
Now you know whether or not ALDI takes EBT.
Feel free to ask a question if you are still in doubt at any point and we’ll be glad to help.