People who are health practitioners will really be interested in this one.
For research purposes or for personal knowledge, you might want to know the body parts that start with d.
This post will share with you some of the body parts that start with letter “D”.
So let me go ahead and share with you a list of body parts that start with d
Body parts that start with D
- Dartos — dartos fascia (a layer of connective tissue found in the scrotum, the foreskin, and the penile shaft,)
- Decidua (the placenta’s maternal portion)
- Deltoid ligament (the talocrural joint’s medial ligament)
- Deltoid muscle
- Dens (the portion of the second cervical vertebra that is perpendicular)
- Dentin (one of the teeth’s four primary components)
- Dendritic cells (immune system’s antigen-presenting cells)
- Depressor muscle (any muscle that provides a downward force)
- Dermis (between the epidermis and the subcutaneous tissue of the skin)
- Descending aorta
- Descending colon
- Descending limb of the loop of Henle (portion of the kidney’s microscopic structure and functional unit)
- Desmodont (an earlier name for the teeth’s periodontal ligament)
- Diaphragm (the muscle that connects the thorax to the belly and aids in breathing)
- Diaphysis (the shaft of a long bone)
- Dick (I know you know this)
- Diencephalon (The thalamus, hypothalamus, and other components make up this division of the forebrain)
- Digastric muscle — digastricus (that small muscle beneath the jaw)
- Digit (finger)
- Disc (the component in the spinal column that connects adjacent vertebrae)
- Dorsal root ganglion (a dorsal root cluster of neurons comprising neural cells from the posterior section of the spinal cord)
- Dorsum (the back of the hand or the top of the foot)
- Douglas’s pouch (the peritoneal cavity’s expansion between the rectum and the uterus’s posterior wall)
- Ductus arteriosus (a blood vessel in the growing embryo that connects the major pulmonary artery to the proximal descending aorta)
- Ductus biliaris (bile duct)
- Ductus deferens (In preparation for ejaculation, a duct transports sperm from the epididymis to the ejaculatory ducts.)
- Ductus pancreaticus (pancreatic duct)
- Ductus reuniens (linking the bottom section of the saccule to the cochlear duct in the inner ear)
- Ductus venosus (In a developing fetus, a blood artery connects the left umbilical vein to the inferior vena cava.)
- Ductus (There are many more ducts with specific names in the human body.)
- Dura mater (a thick membrane that engulfs the brain and spinal cord)
- Dural venous sinuses (this is the brain’s dura mater between the endosteal and meningeal layers)
These are some of the body parts that start with d I could remember in the course of writing this post.
Do you have somebody parts that start with d that you feel should make it to this list?
Feel free to let us know and we’ll include it in the list.